ViewCompanion Premium 9 Released
Many new features and one new format added
OSLO, Norway, September 15, 2014 - The ViewCompanion Premium version 9.00 is now shipping.
Many new features has been added to this update of ViewCompanion Premium, including support
for WIA scanners, new raster processing tools, new PDF tools, markup enhancements and addition
of a new file format; ECW.
A new PDF to CAD feature makes it possible to extract all vector data from PDF files, and save as DXF,
DWF, PLT and CGM.
The shell extension now displays a full preview of all supported file formats inside Windows Explorer.
This update is 100% free if you purchased a ViewCompanion license, or renewed the software
maintenance, less than 12-months ago.
What's new in 9.0?
- Added support for reading ECW file format, also known as Enhanced Compression Wavelet format.
- A new PDF to CAD feature that extracts all vector information from a PDF file, and save this data to
a CAD compatible format (DXF, DWF, PLT, CGM and SVG).
- The Shell Extension can now display a full preview of the selected file inside Explorer.
A new tool for associating file types with ViewCompanion, and the Shell Extension, is included.
Full preview of the sample file named "Arbor Press.dwf" inside Windows Explorer.
- ViewCompanion has a new improved PDF reader that is faster and reduces memory usage.
- Added support for WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) compatible scanners.
- Added Movie Maker, a new tool for creating an AVI movie from the supported file types.
Each page in the converted files become a single frame in the movie (the frame length is configurable).
- Added more raster processing tools:
- Cleanup tool for removal of noise.
- Clear area tool for easy removal of unwanted features like e.g.: black borders.
- Flip raster vertically is useful if you scanned a page upside down.
- Markup burn-in. Make a markup element a permanent part of the raster image.
- Added Protect PDF function for encrypting an existing PDF file with password.
- Markup insert symbol dialog now has a list of recently used symbols.
- Added a new markup toggle option for displaying a markup element on all pages in a multipage document.
This is useful for displaying e.g.: a single stamp on all pages in a document.
- Added support for adding DataMatrix 2D barcode as markup symbol.
- Markup text quality improved. Markup text should now look a lot better in most cases.
- Markup symbol and stamp functions have been added to markup ribbon.
- Added a function for copying a part of the displayed drawing and adding it as a new symbol to a library.
- You can now paste an image from the clipboard and add it to a symbol library.
- A few other minor improvements and changes.
- Several bug fixes.
ViewCompanion is a powerful application for viewing, printing and converting files of multiple formats.
The formats supported by ViewCompanion include PLT, Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, CGM, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, Calcomp, TIFF, CALS and more.
ViewCompanion is available as three different editions: ViewCompanion Standard, Pro and Premium. The Pro and Premium editions
have tools for markup and support for raster formats. The Premium edition adds extra tools for raster and PDF processing.
About Software Companions
Software Companions is fully focused on developing powerful products for viewing, printing and conversion of file formats that are commonly used in the CAD/CAM market. They also develop and sell components that are used in applications developed by other companies.