scViewerX™ is a powerful ActiveX control that allow you to view, print and convert PLT, Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, CGM, Calcomp, HPGL/2, Gerber, TIF, CALS and several other formats.
ScViewerX can convert your files to a number of different output file formats, including PDF, PDF/A, TIFF, DXF, DWF, CALS and PNG. Please see below for a complete list of supported formats.
You may use the controls PDF to CAD functionality to convert your PDF files back to an editable CAD file, using for example the DXF format.
Measure and annotate your drawings with scViewerX
Markup, also known as commenting or annotation, may be added to the displayed file, and included during printing and conversion.
An extensive set of annotation tools which includes text, polylines, polygons, rectangles, circles, ellipses, stamps, barcodes and pictures are available.
Markup elements can be added both interactively and by using code.
You will also find annotation tools for measurement and counting, which may be useful for takeoff applications.
The screenshot above shows the C++ sample application that is included in the SDK.
scViewerX can be used in any development environment that supports ActiveX controls, for example VB.NET, C#, Visual Basic 6, MFC, C++, Delphi and many other.
The SDK includes complete C++, VB.Net and C# sample projects with full source code.
Build your application with ScViewerX
More than 300 methods, properties and events are available for use by your application. You will find methods for comparing drawings, deskewing image files, adding annotations, printing and conversion.
The control can merge, split, sign and encrypt PDF files. There are methods for printing multiple files on a single sheet (n-up), poster printing, scaled print and more.
Please take a look at the online documentation for more information.
scViewerX Key Features
- View, print and convert Adobe PDF files.
- View, print and convert PLT (HPGL, HPGL/2, KIPGL and HP-RTL) plotter files.
- View, print and convert Autodesk DWF and DWFx 2D files.
- View, print and convert Gerber standard and extended files.
- View, print and convert Calcomp plotter files.
- View, print and convert Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) files.
- View, print and convert TIFF raster files.
- View, print and convert CALS raster files.
- View, print and convert PNG, JPEG and BMP raster files.
- Annotate your files with text, stamps, polygons, images, arrows, area measurements, dimension lines, barcodes, shapes and revision clouds. Add symbols from customizable symbol libraries as annotation.
- Annotations may be included when the file is printed and converted.
- Software Companions XML Markup format is fully supported.
- Use the compare feature to display differences between two revisions fast and easy. You may save the result of the comparison to a file.
- Poster mode for printing large drawings on multiple sheets, for example printing an A0 drawing on multiple A4 sheets.
- Print multiple document pages on a single sheet of paper, known as n-up printing.
- Optionally add footer, header and watermark information to the printed paper.
- Use the DrawToDC method to draw a file to your own device context.
- Split a PDF file into multiple PDF files with one or more pages each.
- Merge two or more PDF files into a single multi-page PDF file.
- Merge two or more files of different formats into a single multi-page TIFF file.
- Extract text from PDF and other formats.
- Protect a PDF file using password, encryption and optional restrictions.
- Control visibility of layers in DWF and PDF files.
- Conform existing PDF files into PDF/A standard.
- Precise tools for measuring distances and areas with snap to drawing geometry.
- Use pen tables to control colors, styles and widths used during printing and conversion.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- One developer license grants you the right to develop and distribute one application that integrates scViewerX to an unlimited number of end users without any additional fees.
Using scViewerX as part of a WEB server solution count as one application.
- The SDK is available as both 32-bit and 64-bit. Only one developer license is required if your application is available as both 32 and 64 bit.
- There is no royalty or any other redistribution costs.
Open for viewing, printing and conversion
- PLT (HPGL/2, HP-RTL, KIPGL and HPGL)
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF 2D
- Autodesk DWFx 2D
- Calcomp plotter format
- CALS image format
- Computer Graphics Metafiles (CGM). Binary and Clear Text encodings are supported.
- EDMICS C4 tiled image format
- Excellon drill format
- Gerber RS-274D (Standard Gerber files)
- Gerber RS-274X (Extended Gerber files with embedded aperture info)
- Gerber X2
- GIF image format
- HEIC image format
- Intergraph image formats
- JPEG image format
- JPEG2000 image format
- PNG image format
- TIFF image format
- WebP image format
- Windows BMP image format
If you have Microsoft® Office, or LibreOffice, installed on the system you may also open Office formats in the control:
Conversion output formats
- Word (doc and docx)
- Excel (xls and xlsx)
- Powerpoint (ppt and pptx)
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A
- Adobe Postscript™
- Autodesk DWF
- Autodesk DXF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 (Type 1)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Gerber RS-274X
- HPGL/2 Plotter Format
- HP-RTL Plotter Format
- JPEG 2000
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
PDF viewing, printing and conversion is fully supported by ScViewerX.
ScViewerX can convert PDF to CAD formats.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2022
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix