ViewCompanion Standard is a application for viewing, printing and converting plotter files generated by your CAD program or plotter driver.
ViewCompanion can open PLT plotter files using HPGL, HP-GL/2, KIPGL, HP-RTL and Calcomp formats.
In addition to plotter files ViewCompanion can view, print and convert Adobe PDF, CGM, Autodesk DWF and Gerber files.
One of the most important features in ViewCompanion is the ability to convert the viewed file into another format and ViewCompanion can convert to the following file formats:
CALS Group 4 Raster
Computer Graphics Metafile
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Windows Metafile (EMF and WMF)
Adobe PDF, Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF) and Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) are all very useful and popular formats for distributing drawings on the Internet.
ViewCompanion can convert your PLT, Gerber, CGM and DWF files to Autodesk DXF format which you can read in any major CAD application.
You may measure distances and areas using ViewCompanion's precise measurement tools with snap to drawing geometry.
If your drawings are not in original scale (1:1) you may calibrate the measurement tools to provide correct results.
Use ViewCompanion to annotate your file with markup elements like rectangles, lines, dimension lines, area measurements, text, polygons, text, arrows, symbols, stamps, images and more.
All markup elements will be stored in a separate file and the original file will not be modified.
ViewCompanion screenshot, click image
to see more screenshots in full size.
- View, print and convert PLT, HPGL and HPGL/2 files.
- View, print and convert Autodesk DWF, CGM, Calcomp and Gerber files.
- View, print and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert your files to PDF, TIFF, CALS, DWF, DXF, PNG and other formats.
- Add markup using lines, text, images, polygons, symbols, stamps, dimension lines, measurement areas and more.
- Add footer and header containing date, scale, time and filename when printing.
- Add watermark using either text or a raster image during printing.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple paper sheets.
- Print in n-up mode, also known as multiple pages per sheet printing.
- Full screen print preview.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Batch print and batch convert all supported format.
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Create password protected PDF and DWF files.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to view several files at once.
- Define user Pen Table full control of colors, styles and widths. Also supported for batch printing and conversion.
- Use mouse-wheel for zooming and panning operations.
- Entity information query.
- Distance and area measurements.
- Copy selected region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Choose between ribbon, or a classic menu and toolbar based user interface.
- DDE Interface for easy integration with other programs.
- Supports multipage PLT, HPGL/2 and DWF files.
- Supports embedded (RTL) raster.
- Send a file directly to an other person using E-Mail from within the program.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
ViewCompanion Standard can open the following formats:
- PLT, HPGL/2, KIPGL and HPGL plotter format
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- Adobe PDF 1
- Autodesk DWF 2D
- Autodesk DWFx 2D
- Calcomp Plotter Format
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile) 2
- Gerber RS-274D plotter format (Standard)
- Gerber RS-274X plotter format (Extended)
1. With Standard you may convert PDF files to the following formats: TIFF, CALS, GIF, HP-RTL, JPEG, PCX, WebP and BMP.
You will need the Premium edition to do PDF to CAD conversion, e.g.: PDF to DXF.
2. Can open CGM files using binary and clear text encoding.
ViewCompanion Standard can convert to the following formats:
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A-2b
- Adobe Postscript®
- Autodesk DWF
- Autodesk DXF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary).
- Gerber RS-274X
- GIF Image
- HPGL/2 - HP RTL
- JPEG Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW and Packbits compression)
- WebP (Google Image Format for the WEB)
- Windows Bitmap (BMP)
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
No additional applications or drivers are needed for conversion to the different formats.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.