ViewCompanion Standard® is a powerful application for viewing and printing plotter files generated by your CAD program or plotter driver.
ViewCompanion can read plotter files using HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL (HPGL with raster data) and Calcomp file formats.
In addition to plotter (plt) files ViewCompanion Standard can read CGM and AutoDesk DWF files.
One of the major features in ViewCompanion is the ability to convert the viewed file into another format. ViewCompanion can convert to the following file formats:
Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and Adobe PDF are very useful and popular formats for distributing drawings on the Internet.
You can also use ViewCompanion to convert HPGL/2, CGM and DWF files to AutoDesk DXF format which you can read in any major CAD application, e.g.: Autodesk AutoCAD.
The ViewCompanion viewer have advanced functions for zooming and panning, so that you can view and check your plot files fast and accurate, before actually plotting them.
Both batch printing and conversion functionality is integrated into the program.
All new licenses include 12-months of free software maintenance.
With the Pro and Premium editions you can add markup to the loaded file.
Among the supported markup elements you will find text, rectangles, ellipses, polygons, arrows, symbols, stamps and images.
Markup elements will be stored in a separate file and the original file will not be changed.
The Pro edition can, in addition to all the formats that Standard can handle, read TIFF, CALS, JPEG, BMP and PNG files.
The Premium edition supports all Pro formats and in addition the following formats: Adobe PDF, Postscript, EDMICS and JPEG2000.
- View and print HPGL and HPGL/2 files.
- View and print Calcomp, CGM and AutoDesk DWF files.
- Convert to other formats (PDF, DXF, Postscript and more).
- Supports Metric and Imperial coordinates.
- Compare two plotter files.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to view several files at once.
- Drag and Drop supported. Both single and multiple files.
- Copy selected region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Add footer/header containing date, scale, time and filename when printing.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets.
- Print Preview.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Batch Printing.
- Batch Conversion.
- Rotate loaded files in steps of 90 degrees.
- Create password protected PDF and DWF files.
- Define user Pen Table full control of colors, styles and widths. Also supported for batch printing and conversion.
- Individual Pen visibility control.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Microsoft IntelliMouse support for zooming and panning.
- Entity information query.
- Distance measurement.
- Polygonal area measurement.
- Text search.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Customizable GUI.
- DDE Interface for easy integration with other programs.
- Supports multipage HPGL/2 files.
- Supports embedded (RTL) raster.
- Send a file directly to an other person using E-Mail from within the program.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
Open (View, print, and convert)
- HPGL and HPGL/2.
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language).
- Calcomp Plotter Format.
- AutoDesk DWF and DWFx 2D.
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile).
- Adobe PDF, multipage
- Adobe PDF/A-2b, multipage
- Adobe Postscript®
- AutoDesk DWF (compressed and uncompressed)
- AutoDesk DXF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Gerber RS-274X
- GIF Raster
- HPGL/2 - HP RTL
- JPEG Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW and Packbits compression), multipage
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
- Windows XP (SP3), 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.