ViewCompanion Standard® is a powerful application for viewing, printing and converted plotter files generated by your CAD program or plotter driver.
ViewCompanion can open PLT plotter files using HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL (HPGL with raster data) and Calcomp formats.
In addition to plotter files ViewCompanion Standard can open Adobe PDF, CGM, Autodesk DWF and Gerber files.
One of the major features in ViewCompanion is the ability to convert the viewed file into another format. ViewCompanion can convert to the following file formats:
Adobe PDF and PDF/A
CALS Group 4 Raster
Computer Graphics Metafile
Paintbrush PCX (PCX)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Windows Metafile (EMF & WMF)
Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and Adobe PDF are very useful and popular formats for distributing drawings on the Internet.
ViewCompanion can convert your PLT, CGM and DWF files to Autodesk DXF format which you can read in any major CAD application.
Both batch printing and conversion functionality is integrated into the program.
ViewCompanion have advanced functions for zooming and panning, and you can view your files fast and accurate.
Use Viewcompanion's precise tools to measure dimension lengths and areas. You can measure using snap to drawing geometry for highest accuracy.
- View, print and convert PLT, HPGL and HPGL/2 files.
- View, print and convert AutoDesk DWF, CGM, Calcomp and Gerber files.
- View and print Adobe PDF files.
- Convert your files to PDF, TIFF, CALS, DWF, DXF and other formats.
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Add footer/header containing date, scale, time and filename when printing.
- Add watermark using either text or a raster image during printing.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple paper sheets.
- Print in n-up mode, also known as multiple pages per sheet printing.
- Full screen print preview.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Batch Printing.
- Batch Conversion.
- Drag and Drop supported. Both single and multiple files.
- Create password protected PDF and DWF files.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to view several files at once.
- Supports Metric and Imperial coordinates.
- Define user Pen Table full control of colors, styles and widths. Also supported for batch printing and conversion.
- Use mouse-wheel for zooming and panning operations.
- Entity information query.
- Distance measurement.
- Polygonal area measurement.
- Copy selected region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Choose between ribbon, or a classic menu and toolbar based user interface.
- DDE Interface for easy integration with other programs.
- Supports multipage PLT, HPGL/2 and DWF files.
- Supports embedded (RTL) raster.
- Send a file directly to an other person using E-Mail from within the program.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
Open (View, print, and convert)
- PLT, HPGL/2 and HPGL plotter file
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- Adobe PDF 1
- AutoDesk DWF and DWFx 2D
- Calcomp Plotter Format
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile)
- Gerber Plotter Format (RS-274X and RS-274D)
1.Adobe PDF view and print only, if you need to convert from PDF to other formats, you can take a look at Pro or Premium.
- Adobe PDF, multipage
- Adobe PDF/A-2b, multipage
- Adobe Postscript®
- AutoDesk DWF (compressed and uncompressed)
- AutoDesk DXF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Gerber RS-274X
- GIF Raster
- HPGL/2 - HP RTL
- JPEG Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW and Packbits compression), multipage
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
No additional applications or drivers are needed for conversion to the different formats.
- Windows XP (SP3), 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.