GerbView® is an advanced but easy to use application that enables you to view, print and convert Gerber, ODB++, Adobe PDF, Excellon and HPGL/2 files.
GerbView supports both RS-274D and RS-274X Gerber formats, and you can use it to convert your older Gerber files to the new RS-274X standard format.
The new extended Gerber format contains embedded aperture information, and this minimizes the risk for errors during the manufacturing of the PCB.
With GerbView's PDF to CAD capability you can convert your Adobe PDF files back to Gerber or Autodesk DXF.
Gerbview will visualize your design, on the screen or in hardcopy.
No more waiting for photoplots or your prototype circuit board, to see your true design.
You can use the measure and query tools to check apertures, tools, pens, distances and areas.
In GerbView you work with a workspace that can contain one or more files of the supported file formats.
The workspace can be saved for later use. The saved workspace will link to your design files, so only need to reload the workspace file to see the whole design.
Markup elements like text, arrows, lines, images, ellipses and polygons
can also be added to the workspace. Markups will be stored in a separate file.
GerbView can convert your Gerber, HPGL/2 and Excellon files to Autodesk DXF, Autoesk DWF, Adobe PDF and other formats.
You can combine several different Gerber files (layers) and create a multi-layered PDF, DXF or DWF file.
See list of supported formats below.
GerbView can rasterize single files, or whole workspaces, and save to one of the supported raster formats.
Markup elements can optionally be included in the conversion.
You may print scaled or in real size. All Windows based plotters and printers are supported. Poster mode, also known as tiled pages,
can be used to print large designs and drawings on e.g. several A4/Letter pages.
- View, print, markup and convert Gerber, Adobe PDF, Excellon, ODB++ and HPGL/2 (PLT).
- Convert your Gerber, Excellon, ODB++ and HPGL/2 files to AutoDesk DXF, Adobe PDF and other formats.
- Convert from RS-274D to RS-274X, known as extended Gerber format.
- Convert your PDF files to Gerber RS-274X, HPGL/2 or DXF.
- Convert multiple Gerber files to a multi-layer PDF, DWF or DXF file. Read more about creating layered PDF files here.
- Convert ODB++ to a layered PDF, or to individual files using Gerber (RS274-X), PDF, DXF, SVG or other formats.
- Add markup using lines, text, rectangles, images, QR-codes, barcodes, symbols, polygons and more.
- Markup burn-in feature for converting markup elements to Gerber data.
- Delete a selection of items from a loaded Gerber file.
- Command line conversion and printing is included.
- Query entity information in Gerber, ODB++, HPGL/2 and Excellon files.
- Measure distances, areas and perimeters, with our without snapping to pads and tracks.
- Both metric and imperial units are supported.
- Highlight selected apertures in Gerber and ODB++ files.
- Add files of different formats to a single workspace.
- No limit for number of files within a workspace (only limited by memory).
- Visibility, rotation, scaling and position of all loaded files can be set individually.
- Copy selected display region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Use mouse-wheel for zooming and panning operations.
- Ortho mode for fast drawing of horizontal and vertical markup lines.
- User defined header and footer for printing.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Full print preview.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on e.g. multiple A4 pages.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Convert the whole workspace or single files to raster format. Supported formats include:
TIFF, CALS, Adobe PDF, Windows BMP, PNG and JPEG.
- Gerber (RS-274D and RS-274X)
- Adobe PDF (see note below)
- ODB++ (zip and tgz)
- Excellon Drill Format
- AutoDesk DXF
- HPGL, HPGL/2 and HP RTL
1.Each file will be loaded as a layer - you can view, print and convert layers individually or combined.
2.PDF files that only contains raster, e.g.: scanned drawings, are not supported by GerbView.
3.For multipage PDF files each page may be imported as a separate layer.
GerbView can convert to the following formats:
- Gerber RS-274X.
- PLT (HPGL/2).
- Autodesk DXF, multi-layer conversion supported.
- Autodesk DWF, multi-layer conversion supported.
- Adobe PDF, multi-layer conversion supported.
- Adobe PDF/A, multi-layer conversion supported.
- Adobe Postscript.
- CALS Type 1.
- CGM Binary.
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG). Compressed/Uncompressed.
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF).
- WebP Image Format.
- Windows BMP.
- Windows Metafile.
- Windows Enhanced Metafile.
The Multi-layer note means that you can load multiple Gerber files/layers and convert them to a single multi-layer file of the specific format.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.