ViewCompanion Premium® is the most powerful member of the ViewCompanion familiy.
ViewCompanion Premium can view, print and convert plot files (PLT, HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, Calcomp), Adobe PDF, AutoDesk DWF, Postscript, EPS, TIFF, CALS and other formats.
Conversion is one of the most important features in ViewCompanion, and the following output formats are supported:
Please see bottom of page for a complete list of supported input and output formats.
CALS Group 4 Raster
Computer Graphics Metafile
Paintbrush PCX (PCX)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Windows Enhanced Metafile (EMF)
Windows Metafile (WMF)
No extra applications or drivers are needed for conversion to the different formats.
More details about the conversion formats can be found here.
If you need to distribute drawings, e.g. on the Internet, you can convert your drawings to
Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) or Adobe PDF. All these formats are very popular for distributing drawings.
You can even convert multiple files of different formats to a single multi-page PDF file.
Your HPGL/2, CGM and DWF files can be converted to AutoDesk DXF format, which can be read by almost all CAD application, e.g.: Autodesk AutoCAD and Microstation.
Both batch conversion and printing is included. The software can be configured to monitor a user selected folder, and all files copied to that folder will be automatically printed.
With ViewCompanion Premium you can add markups to the loaded file. Supported markup elements include rectangles, lines, dimension lines, area measurements, ellipses, polygons, text, arrows, stamps and images.
You can select one of the predefined stamps or create your own. User defined symbol libraries makes it easy to add frequently used symbols as markups.
Hyper links can be added to markup elements, and a hyper link can either open another drawing in ViewCompanion, or open an Internet location using the default browser.
All markup elements are stored in a separate file. The original file will be left unchanged.
The markup elements can optionally be included when the viewed file is printed or converted.
The markup elements can be exported to a DXF file.
You can use ViewCompanion Premium to add markups/comments to your drawings.
ViewCompanion gives you advanced functions for zooming and panning,
so that you can view your files fast and accurate, before printing or converting them.
All new licenses include 12-months of free software maintenance.
- View, markup, convert and print files of different formats.
- Conversion to a large number of standard formats, see below for a list of supported formats.
- Extensive set of command line parameters available for conversion and printing.
- Batch Printing and Conversion is included.
- Add footer and header containing date, scale, time, filename and custom text when printing.
- Add print watermark using text or a raster image.
- Color, Black & White or Grayscale Printing and Conversion.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets, e.g. print an A0 drawing in full size using multiple A4 sheets.
- N-up printing mode, also known as multiple pages per paper sheet printing.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Markup by using lines, text, rectangles, ellipses, images, polygons, arrows, stamps, dimension lines and measurement areas.
- Include markups during printing and conversion.
- Drag and Drop supported. Both single and multiple files.
- Customizable GUI. Choose between ribbon or classic menu/toolbar based interface.
- Shell Extension for easy access to functions inside Explorer Window and a full preview of the selected file.
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- User defined pen table for full control of colors, styles and widths.
- Entity information query.
- Distance measurement with entity snap.
- Polygonal area measurements with entity snap.
- DDE Interface for easy integration with other programs.
- Send the viewed file by E-Mail, either as PDF or in the original format.
- Copy a selected region, or whole drawing, to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Text search and extract.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to view several files at once.
- Scan new raster documents.
- Powerful raster tools that include deskew, cleanup and more.
- Digitally sign and password protect PDF files.
- Open files directly from a ZIP archive.
- View and convert multi-page HPGL/2 (PLT) files.
- View and convert multi-page TIFF files.
- View and convert Adobe PDF, Postscript and EPS files.
- View and convert AutoDesk DWF and DWFx 2D files.
- Extract vector data from PDF files and save as DXF, DWF, PLT, SVG and CGM (PDF to CAD conversion).
Open (View, print, markup and convert)
- PLT, HPGL/2 and HPGL plotter files
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe Posctscript Level III
- AutoDesk DWF and DWFx 2D
- Calcomp Plotter Format
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile), binary encoding (Profiles: ATA, CALS, WEBCGM and CGM*PIP).
- EPS (Encapsulated Posctscript)
- Gerber Plotter Format. RS-274D and RS-274X.
- BMP (Windows Bitmap format)
- CALS type 1
- CALS type 2
- DCX (Multipage PCX)
- ECW (Enhanced Compression Wavelet).
- EDMICS C4 (Group 4 Tiled)
- PCX (PC Paintbrush format)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- SFF (Structured Fax Format). Multi page.
- TGA (Truevision Targa).
- TIFF (uncompressed, packbits, LZW, JPEG, CCITT G3 and G4). Single and multi page.
All loaded files can be converted to
the following formats:
- Adobe PDF, multi page
- Adobe PDF/A, multi page
- AutoDesk DWF version 6, multi page
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- HP RTL
- GIF Raster
- JPEG Raster
- JPEG2000 Raster
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Structured Fax Format (SFF). Multi page.
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW and Packbits compression), multi page.
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If the loaded file is a vector file (HPGL/2, PLT, PDF, DWF, DXF, Gerber or CGM) you can convert to the additional formats:
- AutoDesk DXF
- Gerber RS-274X
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Adobe Postscript®
- Scalable Vector Graphics
- Adobe PDF Vector
The Multi page note means that a HPGL, PDF, SFF, Postscript or TIFF file with multiple pages, can be converted to a multi page file of the specific format.
- Windows XP (SP3), 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.