ViewCompanion Premium® is the most powerful member of the ViewCompanion family.
ViewCompanion Premium can view, print and convert PLT plot files, Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, Postscript, CGM, TIFF, CALS and many other formats.
ViewCompanion Premium support PLT plotter files using HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL and Calcomp formats.
Conversion is one of the major features available in ViewCompanion, and the following output formats are supported:
Adobe PDF and PDF/A
CALS Group 4
Computer Graphics Metafile
Paintbrush PCX (PCX)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Windows Metafile (EMF & WMF)
If you need to distribute drawings, e.g. on the Internet, you can convert your drawings to
Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) or Adobe PDF. All these formats are very popular for distributing drawings.
You can convert multiple files of different formats to a single multi-page PDF, DWF or TIFF file.
ViewCompanion can split a multi-page PDF, PDF or DWF files into several single paged files.
Your PLT, PDF, CGM and DWF files can be converted to Autodesk DXF format, which can be read by almost all CAD application, e.g.: Autodesk AutoCAD and Microstation.
Both batch conversion and printing is included. The software can be configured to monitor a user selected folder, and all files copied to that folder will be automatically printed.
ViewCompanion gives you advanced functions for zooming and panning, and you can view your files fast and accurate.
Use Viewcompanion's precise tools to measure dimension lengths and areas. You can measure using snap to drawing geometry for highest accuracy.
Calibration of the measurement tools is available to make sure you get correct results if your drawings are not 1:1.
The measurement results may be exported to csv, which can be loaded into Excel or any other spreadsheet application.
With ViewCompanion Premium you can add markups to the loaded file. Supported markup elements include rectangles, lines, dimension lines, area measurements, ellipses, polygons, text, arrows, stamps and images.
You can select one of the predefined stamps or create your own. User defined symbol libraries makes it easy to add frequently used symbols as markups.
Hyperlinks can be added to markup elements, and a hyperlink can either open another drawing inside ViewCompanion, or open an Internet location (URL) using the default browser.
All markup elements are stored in a separate file and the original file will be left unmodified.
The markup elements can optionally be included when the viewed file is printed or converted.
You can export markup elements as Autodesk DXF, Autodesk DWF, CGM and other formats.
PDF to CAD conversion is included
in ViewCompanion Premium
You can use ViewCompanion Premium to add markups, also known as comments or annotations, to your drawings.
- View, markup, convert and print files of different formats.
- Conversion to a large number of standard formats, please see below for a list of supported formats.
- Batch Printing and Conversion is included.
- Color, Black & White or Grayscale Printing and Conversion.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets, e.g. print an A0 drawing in full size using multiple A4 sheets.
- N-up printing mode, also known as multiple pages per paper sheet printing.
- Hot folder printing. Monitor a folder and autmatically print all files that are copied to this folder.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Markup by using lines, text, rectangles, ellipses, images, polygons, arrows, symbols, stamps, dimension lines and measurement areas.
- Include markups during printing and conversion.
- Precise distance and area measurement with snap to drawing geometry.
- Digitally sign and password protect PDF files.
- Merge different PDF files into a single multipage PDF file.
- Split a multipage PDF file into individual files.
- Convert PDF files to DXF, DWF, PLT, SVG and CGM (PDF to CAD conversion).
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Compare two multi-page PDF files, page by page.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Add footer and header containing date, scale, time, filename or custom text to the printed file.
- Add watermark using text, or a raster image, to the printed file.
- User defined pen table for full control of colors, styles and widths.
- Drag and Drop supported.
- Send the viewed file by E-Mail, either as PDF or in the original format.
- Copy a selected region, or whole drawing, to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Text search and extract.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Multiple Document Interface for viewing several files at once.
- Customizable GUI. Choose between ribbon or classic menu/toolbar based interface.
- Use scanner to create a new raster file, or add to active file.
- Powerful raster tools that include deskew, cleanup and more.
- Open files directly from a ZIP archive.
- Shell Extension for easy access to functions inside Explorer Window and a full preview of the selected file.
- Extensive set of command line parameters available for conversion and printing.
- Delete pages from multipage files (e.g.: TIFF and PDF).
- Import an file and append as a new page to the active file.
Open (View, print, markup and convert)
- PLT, HPGL/2 and HPGL plotter files
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF and DWFx 2D
- Calcomp Plotter Format
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile), binary and clear text encoding (Profiles: ATA, CALS, WEBCGM and CGM*PIP).
- Gerber Plotter Format. RS-274D and RS-274X.
- BMP (Windows Bitmap format)
- CALS type 1
- CALS type 2
- DCX (Multipage PCX)
- ECW (Enhanced Compression Wavelet).
- EDMICS C4 (Group 4 Tiled)
- PCX (PC Paintbrush format)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- SFF (Structured Fax Format). Multi page.
- TGA (Truevision Targa).
- TIFF (uncompressed, Packbits, Inflate, LZW, JPEG, CCITT G3 and G4). Single and multi page.
- WebP (Google Image Format for the WEB)
All loaded files can be converted to
the following formats:
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A
- Autodesk DWF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- HP RTL
- GIF Raster
- JPEG Raster
- JPEG2000 Raster
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW, and Packbits compression)
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If the loaded file is a vector file you may convert to the additional formats:
Vector files includes the following formats: PDF, CGM, DWF, DWFx, HPGL/2, PLT, Gerber and Calcomp.
- Autodesk DXF
- Gerber RS-274X
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Adobe Postscript®
- Scalable Vector Graphics
- Adobe PDF Vector
No additional applications or drivers are needed for conversion to the different formats.
AVI files can be created by using the Movie Maker tool. This tool will let you add multiple files of all the different formats ViewCompanion supports, to a movie.
Each page in all the added files will be converted to a single frame in the movie.
- Windows XP (SP3), 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.