ViewCompanion Premium is the most powerful member of the ViewCompanion family.
ViewCompanion Premium can view, print and convert Adobe PDF, PDF/A, Autodesk DWF, PLT, CGM, TIFF, CALS, EDMICS and several other file formats.
With ViewCompanion Premium you can convert your files to many different output formats, please check the complete list of supported output formats below.
Your PLT, CGM, Gerber and DWF files can be converted into Autodesk DXF format, which can be read by all popular CAD applications, for example Autodesk AutoCAD™.
With the built-in PDF to CAD tools you can even convert your PDF files into editable DXF, Gerber, CGM or SVG files.
Both batch convert and batch print is included. The software can be configured to monitor a user
defined folder, and all files copied to that folder will be automatically printed using your settings.
Add markups, also known as comments or annotations, to your documents.
You can merge multiple files of different formats to a single multi-page PDF, DWF or TIFF file.
ViewCompanion can split a multipage PDF, TIFF or DWF file into multiple files.
You may split a PDF file either based on a maximum number of pages per file or based on the maximum file size for each output file.
With ViewCompanion you can measure dimension lengths and areas. All measurements can be done using snap to drawing geometry to give the highest accuracy.
Calibration of the measurement tools is available to make sure you get correct results even if your drawings are not scaled 1:1.
The measurement results may be exported to either a Excel Workbook (XLSX) or to a CSV file which can be opened by any spreadsheet application.
PDF to CAD conversion is included
Use ViewCompanion to compare files of different revisions and visualize the differences. You can compare all supported file formats, including PDF.
A multipage PDF file can be compared page by page.
Annotate your files using markup elements like text, highlight, dimension line, area measurement, stamp, freehand, arrow, barcode, symbol, image and more.
ViewCompanion support symbol libraries that make it easy to add frequently used symbols as markups. You can create your own symbol libraries from any image file.
You will also find a few libraries available for you to use after installation.
All markup elements will be stored in a separate file and the original file will be left unmodified.
The markup elements can be included when the viewed file is printed or converted.
- View, markup, convert and print files of many different formats.
- Convert to a large number of output formats, please see the complete list of formats below.
- Batch printing and conversion is included.
- Color, Black & White or Grayscale printing and conversion.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets, e.g. print an A0 drawing in full size using multiple A4 sheets.
- N-up printing mode, also known as multiple pages per paper sheet printing.
- Hot folder printing. Monitor a folder and print all files that are copied to this folder.
- Add footer and header containing date, scale, time, filename or custom text to the printed file.
- Annotate your files by adding text, symbols, stamps, barcodes, images, measurements and more.
- Include annotation during printing and conversion.
- Precise measurement with snap to drawing geometry.
- Send the viewed file by e-Mail, either as a PDF, as a JPEG or in the original format.
- Conform, or convert, any PDF file into PDF/A standard for archiving. Batch and single file supported.
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Compare multi-page PDF files, page by page.
- Merge different PDF files into a single multipage PDF file.
- Split a multipage PDF file into individual files.
- Digitally sign PDF files.
- Optimize PDF files.
- Split a multipage TIFF file into individual files.
- Scan and create a new file or add as page to active file.
- Includes advanced raster processing tools to deskew, cleanup, remove foxing and more.
- Optional OCR, Optical Character Recognition, support using the free Tesseract engine.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Apply watermark using text, or an image, to the printed file.
- Use pen table for full control of colors, styles and widths.
- Copy a selected region, or whole drawing, to clipboard, and paste into other applications.
- Text search and extract.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
- Shell Extension for easy access to functions inside the Explorer Window and a full preview of the selected file.
- Extensive set of command line parameters for conversion and printing.
- Delete pages from multipage files (e.g. TIFF and PDF).
- Use the PDF to CAD tool to convert your PDF files into editable DXF, DWF, PLT, SVG and CGM files.
ViewCompanion Premium can open the following formats:
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF 2D
- Autodesk DWFx 2D
- BMP (Windows Bitmap format)
- Calcomp Plotter Format
- CALS type 1 and 2
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile) 1
- DCX (Multipage PCX)
- ECW (Enhanced Compression Wavelet)
- EDMICS C4 (Group 4 Tiled)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- EMZ (Compressed Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- Excellon Drill Format
- Gerber RS-274D (Standard)
- Gerber RS-274X (Extended)
- Gerber X2
- Intergraph Raster File Formats
- PCX (PC Paintbrush format)
- PLT, HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL and KIPGL files
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- SFF (Structured Fax Format)
- TGA (Truevision Targa)
- TIFF (Tagged Image File Format) 2
- WebP (Google Image Format for the WEB)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
1. Supports CGM files using binary and clear text encoding. Supported profiles includes ATA, CALS, WEBCGM and CGM*PIP.
2. Supported TIFF compression methods: Uncompressed, Packbits, LZW, Deflate, JPEG, CCITT G3 and G4.
If you have Microsoft Office1, or LibreOffice, installed you can open the additional document formats:
- Microsoft® Excel
- Microsoft® PowerPoint
- Microsoft® Word
- OpenOffice Document Format
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
- Lotus Word Pro 2
- Microsoft Visio 2
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) 2
- WordPerfect 2
1. Requires that Microsoft® Office 2007 or newer is installed.
2. Only supported if LibreOffice is installed.
ViewCompanion Premium can convert to the following formats:
All files can be converted into the following formats:
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A
- Autodesk DWF
- AVI 1
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster 2
- GIF Graphics
- HP-RTL Raster
- JPEG Graphics
- JPEG2000 Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- TIFF Raster 3
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If the loaded file is of vector format you may convert it to the following additional formats:
- Adobe Postscript®
- Autodesk DXF
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Gerber RS-274X
- Scalable Vector Graphics
Vector formats includes PDF, CGM, DWF, DWFx, HPGL/2, PLT, Excellon, Gerber and Calcomp file formats.
1. AVI files can be created by using the Movie Maker tool. This tool will let you add multiple files, of all the different formats ViewCompanion supports, to a movie.
Each page from all the added files will be converted to a single frame in the movie.
2. MIL-PRF-28002B Type 1.
3. Supported compression methods for TIFF includes: Uncompressed, CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW, Deflate, JPEG and Packbits.
4. No additional applications or drivers are needed for conversion.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2022
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix
A fully functional evaluation copy can be downloaded from our web site.
The downloaded product will run in evaluation mode for a period of 30 days.
If you want to continue to use the product after this period, you're required purchase a license.