ViewCompanion Pro® is a very powerful, but easy to use, application for viewing, printing and converting plotter files
(PLT, HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, Calcomp), Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, CGM, TIFF, CALS and several other formats.
File conversion is one of the major features in ViewCompanion Pro and it can convert your files to the following formats:
Adobe PDF and PDF/A
CALS Group 4 Raster
Computer Graphics Metafile
Paintbrush PCX (PCX)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Windows Metafile (EMF & WMF)
If you need to distribute drawings on the Internet, you can convert your drawings to Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) or Adobe PDF.
All these formats are very popular for distributing drawings.
You can use ViewCompanion to convert HPGL/2, CGM and DWF files to Autodesk DXF format which you can read in any major CAD application
ViewCompanion can convert multiple files of different formats to a single multi-page PDF file.
ViewCompanion includes advanced functions for zooming and panning, and you can view your files fast and accurate.
The mouse wheel can be used for both zooming and panning operations.
Measure distances and areas using ViewCompanion's powerful measurement tools. You can measure accurately using snap to drawing geometry.
Calibration of the measurement tools is available, to provide correct results in case your drawings are not 1:1.
With ViewCompanion Pro you can add markups to the loaded file. Supported markup elements include rectangles, lines, dimension lines, area measurements, ellipses, polygons, text, arrows, stamps and images.
You can select one of the predefined stamps or create your own.
User defined symbol libraries makes it easy to add frequently used symbols as markups.
Hyperlinks can be added to markup elements, and a hyperlink can either open another drawing in ViewCompanion, or open an Internet location using the default browser.
All markup elements are stored in a separate file and the original file will not be modified.
The markup, or comments, can optionally be included when the viewed file is printed or converted.
You may export markup data separately to other file formats, e.g.: to Autodesk DXF.
You can use ViewCompanion Pro to add markups/comments to your drawings.
- View, markup, convert and print files of different formats.
- Conversion to a large number of standard formats, see below for a list of supported formats.
- Extensive set of command line parameters for conversion and printing.
- Batch printing and file conversion is included.
- Open files directly from a ZIP archive.
- Drag and Drop supported. Both single and multiple files.
- Rotate loaded files in steps of 90 degrees.
- Load rotated with user-defined rotation.
- Add footer and header information containing date, scale, time and filename on the printed sheets.
- Add watermark using text or a raster image.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets, e.g. print an A0 drawing in full size using multiple A4 sheets.
- Print in n-up mode, also known as multiple pages per sheet printing.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Add markup using lines, text, images, polygons, symbols, stamps, dimension lines, measurement areas and more.
- Include markups during printing and conversion.
- Shell Extension for easy access to functions inside Explorer Window and a full preview of the selected file.
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Define user Pen Table full control of colors, styles and widths. Also supported for batch printing and conversion.
- Entity information query.
- Distance measurement with snap to drawing entities.
- Polygonal area measurements with entity snap.
- Supports Metric and Imperial coordinates.
- DDE Interface for easy integration with other programs.
- Send a file directly to another person using E-Mail from within the program. If a markup file exist, it will be attached to the message.
- Copy selected region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Text search and extract.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Choose between ribbon style or classic menu and toolbar based user interface.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to work with multiple files at once.
- Mousewheel supported for zooming and panning operations.
- Create password protected DWF and PDF files.
- Full screen mode.
- Supports multi-page PLT (HPGL/2), DWF and TIFF files.
- Supports HP-RTL files (HPGL/2 with raster data).
ViewCompanion Pro Supported Formats
Open (View, print, markup and convert)
- HPGL, HPGL/2 and PLT files
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF and DWFx 2D.
- Calcomp Plotter Format
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile), binary encoding (Profiles: ATA, CALS, WEBCGM and CGM*PIP).
- Gerber Plotter Format. RS-274D and RS-274X
- BMP (Windows Bitmap format)
- CALS type 1
- CALS type 2
- DCX (Multipage PCX)
- ECW (Enhanced Compression Wavelet)
- EDMICS C4 (Group 4 Tiled)
- PCX (PC Paintbrush format)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- SFF (Structured Fax Format). Multi page
- TGA (Truevision Targa)
- TIFF (uncompressed, packbits, LZW, inflate, CCITT G3 and G4). Multi page
All loaded files can be converted to
the following formats:
- Adobe PDF, multi page
- Adobe PDF/A, multi page
- Autodesk DWF, multi page
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- HPGL-2 - HP RTL
- GIF Graphics
- JPEG Graphics
- JPEG2000 Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW, and Packbits compression), multi page
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If the loaded file is a PLT, HPGL/2, CGM or DWF
file you can also convert to the following formats:
- Autodesk DXF
- Gerber RS-274X
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Adobe Postscript®
- Scalable Vector Graphics
No extra applications or drivers are needed for conversion to the different formats.
The multi page note means that a file with multiple pages (e.g.: TIFF), can be converted to a multi page file of the specific format.
- Windows XP (SP3), 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.