ViewCompanion Pro® is a powerful, but easy to use, application for viewing, printing and converting PLT, Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, CGM, TIFF, Calcomp, CALS and several other formats.
Use ViewCompanion to convert your files to standard formats like Adobe PDF, PDF/A, DWF, DXF, CALS, TIFF, PNG and more.
Please see the complete list of supported output formats below.
If you need to distribute drawings on the Internet, you may convert your drawings to Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF or SVG.
All these formats are very popular for distributing drawings.
You may use ViewCompanion to convert HPGL/2, CGM and DWF files to Autodesk DXF format which you can read in any major CAD application
ViewCompanion can merge multiple files of different formats to a single multi-page PDF, TIFF or DWF file.
Markup and Annotation
With ViewCompanion Pro you may add markup to the loaded file, a process commonly known as annotating and commenting.
The range of supported markup elements includes stamps, text, symbols, dimension lines, area measurements, rectangles, circles, lines, polygons, arrows and images.
You may use one of the predefined stamps, or create your own.
User defined symbol libraries makes it easy to add frequently used symbols as markups.
Hyperlinks can be added to markup elements, and clicking this hyperlink can either open another drawing in ViewCompanion, or open an Internet location using the default browser.
The markup can be included when the viewed file is printed or converted.
All markup elements are stored in a separate file and the original file will not be modified.
Measure and Takeoff
Check distances and areas using the precise measurement tools. You may measure accurately using snap to drawing geometry.
Calibration of the measurement tools is available to provide correct results if your drawings are not in original scale (1:1).
The measurement tools may be used to do quantity and measurement takeoffs and the results can be exported to Excel.
ViewCompanion have complete printing support and includes batch, n-up, poster printing.
Print scaled or fit to page. Add custom watermark, banner, header and footer to the printed document.
Read more about printing here.
ViewCompanion includes advanced functions for zooming and panning, and you can view your files fast and accurate.
The mouse wheel may be used for both zooming and panning operations.
ViewCompanion Pro screenshot, click image to see screenshot in full size.
You may use ViewCompanion to add markups and annotations to your files.
- View, markup, convert and print files of different formats.
- Convert your files to a large number of standard formats; see below for a list of all supported formats.
- Batch printing and file conversion.
- Open files directly from a ZIP archive.
- Add footer and header information containing date, scale, time and filename to the printed sheets.
- Add watermark using text or a raster image.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets, e.g. print an A0 drawing in full size using multiple A4 sheets.
- Print in n-up mode, also known as multiple pages per sheet printing.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Add markup using lines, text, images, polygons, symbols, stamps, dimension lines, measurement areas and more.
- Include markups during printing and conversion.
- Merge different files of all supported formats into a single multipage file (PDF, TIFF or DWF).
- Split a multipage file into individual files.
- Shell Extension for easy access to functions inside Explorer Window and a full preview of the selected file.
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- User defined pen table for full control of pen colors, styles and widths. Used for printing and conversion.
- Precise distance and area measurement with snap to drawing geometry.
- Extensive set of command line parameters for conversion and printing.
- Send a file directly to another person using E-Mail from within the program. If a markup file exists, it will be attached to the message.
- Copy selected region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Text search and extract.
- Drag and Drop supported. Both single and multiple files.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Choose between ribbon style or classic menu and toolbar based user interface.
- Multiple Document Interface let you work with multiple files at once.
- Create password protected DWF and PDF files.
- Delete pages from files (e.g.: PDF, TIFF and DWF).
- Import an file and append as a new page to the active file.
Open (View, print, markup and convert)
- HPGL, HPGL/2 and PLT files
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF and DWFx 2D.
- Calcomp Plotter Format
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile), binary and clear text encoding (Profiles: ATA, CALS, WEBCGM and CGM*PIP).
- Gerber Plotter Format. RS-274D and RS-274X
- BMP (Windows Bitmap format)
- CALS type 1
- CALS type 2
- DCX (Multipage PCX)
- ECW (Enhanced Compression Wavelet)
- EDMICS C4 (Group 4 Tiled)
- PCX (PC Paintbrush format)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- SFF (Structured Fax Format)
- TGA (Truevision Targa)
- TIFF (uncompressed, packbits, LZW, inflate, CCITT G3 and G4)
- WebP (Google Image Format for the WEB)
All loaded files can be converted to the following formats:
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A
- Autodesk DWF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- HPGL-2 - HP RTL
- GIF Graphics
- JPEG Graphics
- JPEG2000 Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW, and Packbits compression)
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If the loaded file is a vector file you may convert it to the additional formats:
Vector files includes the following formats: CGM, DWF, DWFx, HPGL/2, PLT, Gerber and Calcomp.
- Autodesk DXF
- Gerber RS-274X
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Adobe Postscript®
- Scalable Vector Graphics
No extra applications or drivers are needed for conversion to the different formats.
AVI files can be created by using the Movie Maker tool. This tool will let you add multiple files, of all the different formats ViewCompanion supports, to a movie.
Each page in all the added files will be converted to a single frame in the movie.
- Windows XP (SP3), 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.