ViewCompanion Pro 9 Released
Many new features and formats added
OSLO, Norway, September 15, 2014 - A lot of new features has been added to this update, and support for
additional file formats including Adobe PDF, ECW, PCX and more.
You can now use ViewCompanion Pro to view, print and convert Adobe PDF files.
The improved shell extension now displays a full preview of all supported file formats inside Windows Explorer.
This update is 100% free if you purchased a ViewCompanion license, or renewed the software
maintenance, less than 12-months ago.
What's new in 9.0?
- Added support for reading Adobe PDF files. You can now use ViewCompanion to view and convert PDF files.
Use ViewCompanion to convert your PDF files to TIFF, DWF, PLT and more.
- The Shell Extension can now display a full preview of a file inside Explorer.
A new tool is included for associating file types with ViewCompanion and the Shell Extension.
Full preview of the sample file named "Arbor Press.dwf" inside the Explorer, can be seen in the screenshot below:
- Added support for reading ECW file format, also known as Enhanced Compression Wavelet format.
- Added support for reading additional raster formats: PCX, DCX, EDMICS, TGA and JPEG2000.
- Added Movie Maker, a new tool for creating an AVI movie from supported file types.
Each file and page is converted to a single frame in the movie. The frame length is configurable.
- Markup insert symbol dialog now has a list of recently used symbols.
- Added a new markup toggle option for displaying a markup element on all pages in a multipage document.
This is useful for displaying e.g.: a single stamp on all pages in a document.
- Added support for adding DataMatrix 2D barcode as markup symbol.
- Markup text quality improved. Markup text should now look a lot better in most cases.
- Markup symbol and stamp functions have been added to markup ribbon.
- Added a function for copying a part of the displayed drawing and adding it as a new symbol to one of the available libraries.
- You can now paste an image from the clipboard and add it to a symbol library.
- A few other minor improvements and changes.
- Several bugs fixed.
ViewCompanion is a powerful application for viewing, printing and converting files of multiple formats.
The formats supported by ViewCompanion include PLT, Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, CGM, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, Calcomp, TIFF, CALS and more.
ViewCompanion is available as three different editions: ViewCompanion Standard, Pro and Premium. The Pro and Premium editions
have tools for markup and support for raster formats. The Premium edition adds extra tools for raster and PDF processing.
About Software Companions
Software Companions is fully focused on developing powerful products for viewing, printing and conversion of file formats that are commonly used in the CAD/CAM market. They also develop and sell components that are used in applications developed by other companies.